ROBERT J. SIMONEAU
21 Alden Street · Johnston, Rhode Island 02919
401-944-7646 (H) · 401-374-1379 (C) · firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR PROGRAMMER · ANALYST · SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Results-oriented software developer with extensive experience across all aspects of the software development lifecycle. Demonstrated success in planning, developing, and implementing cutting-edge solutions to address the strategic plans of large, international organizations. Proven record of on time and budget project completion. Thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Software Development: PC Desktop/Web Development · Quality Assurance/Control · Integration & Testing · Project Management · Strategic Planning · Development Lifecycle Management ·Solution Development & Analysis · Needs Assessment · Data Warehousing · Customer Service · Data Security · Troubleshooting · Team Leadership/Motivation · Technical Support · Inventory Management · Budgeting & Financials
SELECTED TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES
Hardware: HP-3000, AS-400, Macintosh, IBM PCs and Compatibles
Software: Android Basic, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Visual Basic, Delphi, HTML, Java, C++, Microsoft Office, MS-SQL, Oracle, HP COBOL, Windows 95/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 (32&64 bit)
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD)
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport, RI · 7/2011-Present
Information Technology Specialist
Responsibilities include developing, testing, maintenance and troubleshooting applications for the enterprise business section of NUWC Newport. Utilize Visual Studio ASP.NET, Oracle databases for web development. Perform the duties of a Trusted Agent (Token) for the National Security Systems Public Key Infrastructure requirements at the Warfare Center.
SimTech Consulting, Johnston, RI · 7/1996-Present
Chief Executive Officer
Develop android, web and desktop applications in support of clients or for sale on Goggle Play, Amazon, and Barnes and noble.
Crabtree & Evelyn Ltd, Woodstock, Connecticut · 5/2001-09/2009
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Single PC developer on a team of 6 developers, providing scalable innovative applications to address mission-critical business needs. Constantly selected for strategic projects for both desktop and Pocket PCs. Created various company Intranet web applications. Maintained existing applications, including identifying opportunities for enhancement or expansion. Simultaneously provided second-level technical support and trained helpdesk personnel as needed.
· Led development of a new point of sale application that was used in all stores as a cash register, completing project 2 months ahead of schedule.
· Reduced cost for each POS transaction from 12 to 9 cents by transitioning to a different credit card processor.
· Designed a high-speed back-office system to collect, compile, and transmit store inventories and payroll data to the AS400 mainframe, resulting in a faster transfer of real-time data to management.
Retail Solutions, Inc. (RSI) · Lincoln, Rhode Island · 03/2000-05/2001
Programmer / Analyst
Supported all phases of the software development lifecycle for new/existing in-house applications, including coding, analyzing, and implementing. Closely monitored deadlines and requirements, delivering all projects ahead of schedule and exceeding customer expectations.
· Designed a key tool for the company’s core application, providing complete operational analysis to management and clients.
· Established a new system diagnosis program that allowed remote sensing of the processing system. If any processing threads went down and did not answer application request, emails were sent to support personnel.
· Initiated a bug tracking application that tracked bug reports and enhancement requests throughout the ticket lifecycle, from startup to signoff.
· Proactive contributor to 6-person technical team that developed superior technology and drove corporate goal achievement, attracting and resulting in a buyout by VeriSign.
Independent Contractor – Radican Systems, Warwick, Rhode Island · 03/1996-03/2000
Worked onsite at Pawtucket Mutual Insurance developing VB applications with Microsoft SQL and Crystal Reports. Developed applications utilized by management to review policy information in support of regional underwriting and loss control assessment.
· Wrote several MS-SQL server tools utilizing Delphi and automated data objects, including systems designed to identify DLL compatibilities for applications/reports to ensure system malfunctions were immediately caught and sent to support personnel for troubleshooting.
Miscellaneous employment · 07/1992-03/1996
Worked unrelated jobs while seeking a Bachelor of Science degree in Management Information Systems.
Management Experience · United States Marine Corps · 06/1972-07/1992
Jet Engine Mechanic on Pratt & Whitney engines (J52) - Aircraft Mechanic on A4, A6, T39, and EA-6B aircraft.
Worked both organizational and Intermediate level maintenance on bases and Navy vessels around the world. Responsible for millions of dollars in inventory and the welfare and well being of up to sixty personnel at one time. Proven record of individual leadership and teamwork with Americas greatest team. Some of my most significant achievements were:
· Instructor - Power Plants and Related System.
· Quality Assurance Representative, safety of flight certified.
· Work center supervisor at several sites, with various manpower levels.
· Top Secret Security Clearance holder.
American InterContinental University · Schaumburg, Illinois (GPA 4.0)
Masters of Science in Information Technoloogy
New England Institute of Technology · Warwick, Rhode Island (GPA 3.85)
Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems
Associate in Science in Computer Programming Technology